We'll spare you the Happy Birthday sing-a-long. On Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter's 32nd birthday, what could be more fitting than a list of the 32 reasons why it's good to be Queen Bee?
1. That time she got her diva-weave stuck in a fan whilst crooning Halo.
2. That time she wrote this about getting her diva-weave stuck in a fan whilst crooning Halo.
3. Three’s a crowd in the Queen Bey-hive, but that inspired the wonder that is Poor Michelle.
4. But she still talks to Kelly and Michelle in spite of her royalty status.
7. That moment in Life is But A Dream when she’s singing in the car and we’re reminded just how utterly talentless the rest of us mere mortals are.
8. She sees the good in Gwyneth Paltrow.
9. Everything about the Single Ladies dance, and...
11. She rocked an afro in Austin Powers in Goldmember.
12. She rocked our world in Dreamgirls.
13. Her baby is named after a color and vegetation, and somehow it works.
14. She’s tight with the Obamas, who’ve given her role-model status in spite of some not-so-PG wardrobe choices.
15. She doesn’t let lip synch scandals get her down.
16. Her sister Solange is also perfection incarnate (Fact: the Knowles genes spawn dancing queens).
18. Her candidness (“I need to go listen to ‘Make Love to Me’ and make love to my husband”).
19. She chopped off her signature luscious locks like it ain’t no thang.
20. Her contributions to the Great Gatsby soundtrack (Back to Black. Tingles.)
21. The fierceness that is Sasha Fierce.
22. Her head-turning H&M billboards that caused many a car wreck (not verified, but come on.)
23. She enriched our vocabulary with such phrases as “bootylicious,” “if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it,” and “I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly.”
24. And we don’t know how we ever lived without them.
25. She showed us who run the world (girls).
26. She also showed us that you can simultaneously be an independent woman, a single lady, a grown-ass woman and a naughty girl. So multi-faceted.27. She wrote the theme to Charlie’s Angels.
28. The mind-blowing fierceness of her halftime show performance.
29. The mind-blowing fierceness of her Grammy performance with Tina Turner.
30. Pretty much the mind-blowing fierceness of every performance.
31. She celebrates her bod in a way that makes us want to eschew the elliptical in favor of cupcakes and thighs.
32. The hip-thrusts. The booty-shakes. The hair-flicks. The double stanky-leg. Whatever this is. Basically every flawlessly executed dance move that we’ll never be able to master. But maybe it’s better that way?