THE ONE-ON-ONE: Barneys Beauty Guru
We chat with Jason Ascher about his favorite beauty products of the moment and, ladies, let's avoid over-tweezing our brows and eyeliner only on the bottom, okay?
While we were locked in Barneys with Simon Doonan, we had the chance to chat with the department store's official beauty guru, Jason Ascher. Ascher filled us in on everything from his favorite looks for spring, our mutual love for Eve Lom face cleanser and his beauty must-haves for spring (maybe you can pick them up after you win our little $2500 Barneys giveaway?)
The Coveteur: If we only had five minutes to shop, what are the five beauty products you'd recommend we grab from Barneys?
Jason Ascher: Bobbi Brown Tinted Brow Gel, Tatcha Radiant Deep Brightening Serum, Clé de Peau Beauté Refining Fluid Foundation, Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water, By Terry Sheer Rouge Lip Color in Dare to Bare.
TC: What are some of your favorite grooming products for men?
JA: Eve Lom Morning Cleanser; I wash my face and shave with this. Bobbi Brown Beach Shower Gel; can’t resist the Coppertone scent. I shampoo with it, too. Fresh Soy Moisturizing Cream, SPF 20.
TC: What are the three products you can't live without/ would take to a deserted island?
JA: Chantecaille Ultra Sun protection Primer SPF 50, Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara.
TC: What are your favorite beauty looks for spring?
JA: Soft pastel, shadow washes on eyes like Bobbi’s Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Peach or NARS 413 BLKR; Creamy pink and coral cheeks; By Terry Rose de Rose Blush; Fluid and Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Pravella; Vivid sheer lips; Lipstick Queen St. Eden, NARS Easy Lover Gloss, Chantecaille Lip Chic in Les Délices Rose.
TC: What's the newest beauty "toy" you're loving from Barneys?
JA: Hourglass Double-Ended Complexion brush; for foundation/powder, concealer/foundation or blush/highlighter! Brilliant.
TC: What are the three products from Barneys every girl should have in her beauty cabinet for spring?
JA: Chantecaille Radiance Gel Bronzer. It also tones your foundation so you won’t need a separate shade. By Terry Touch Expert Concealer: treatment and coverage in one product. La Mer, The Lip Balm.
TC: What's the best beauty advice you've ever gotten?
JA: Do your eyes first, clean up, then apply concealer.
TC: What's the most common beauty mistake you see?
JA: Trying to change skin-tone with foundation, over-tweezing brows and eyes only lined below.
Shop the Story
- Cle de Peau Beaute Refining Fluid Foundation SPF 24 $120.00 -SHOP-
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water$39.00 -SHOP-
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist$48.00 -SHOP-
- Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser$60.00 -SHOP-
- Bobbi Brown Beach Shower Gel$32.00 -SHOP-
- Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 PA+++ Anti Glycation Primer$88.00 -SHOP-
- Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Mascara $30.00 -SHOP-
- Nars Matte Eyeshadow - 413 Bleecker $24.00 -SHOP-
- By Terry Rose de Rose $58.00 -SHOP-
you may also like
- Because we could all use a refresher (or lesson) in makeup brushes.
- Glamberg's go-tos for staying fresh during Fashion Week.
- We talk #totesamaze trends with our best gal-pal and front row fixture, P’Trique.
Does This Ring Make Me Look Fat?