THE ONE-ON-ONE: Breakfast With Joey Maalouf
The secret recipe to making those maj blueberry pancakes.
Ever since we first hit up Joey Maalouf's then-brand new pad in Beverly Hills, we've been practically day dreaming (and drooling a little, we can't lie) about the insane spread he had ready for us upon our arrival. We're talking fresh mimosas, berries, sunflowers and perfectly fluffy blueberry pancakes with syrup. Luckily for us (and you!) we made sure to beg for Maalouf's recipe before heading out the door. Read on… and yes, pancakes are totally appropriate for dinner, too!
Joey Maalouf's Maj Blueberry Pancake Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups buttermilk
4 teaspoons unsalted butter
Handful of blueberries
Heat pan on medium low. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk and butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps. Don’t over mix!
Use 1/2 cup to pour pancake batter. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges (about 2 1/2 minutes) flip over. Cook until golden on bottom (about 1 minute.) Serve warm!
Shop the Story
- Nouvel Studios Small Apollo Tumblr $26.00 -SHOP-
- Williams-Sonoma Collection Breakfast$11.87 -SHOP-
- Urban Outfitters Polaroid Girl by Deter T$24.00 -SHOP-
- Vilebrequin Caroubier Sport Shirt$200.00 -SHOP-
- Dylan Kendall Coffee Mug$18.00 -SHOP-
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Harvey Cotton-Twill Shorts$180.00 -SHOP-
you may also like
- Eating eggs and ketchup with Grammy winning R&B singer, Miguel. Take a seat!
- The Lower East Side is blooming with a fancy new floral shop and we've got the scoop on how to get a green thumb.
- Lunch in NYC with Cov-alum Stephanie LaCava.
Director of Public Relations, Sonia Rykiel; New York