THE MARKET: Hologlammed Goods
Shining bright like a (holographic) diamond. The future's so bright we need iridescent sunnies!
It's quite possible that this trend can be attributed to the posthumous appearances of certain West Coast rappers at major music festivals, or the one-and-only Kate Moss who made her holographic debut in Alexander McQueen's F/W 2006 show. If we had to pinpoint exactly where our latest fixation started, we might have to blame Stella McCartney, whose pointy, prismatic pumps and geometric clutches took center stage at her impossibly adorable garden party for Resort 2013.
It wasn't long before more of our favorite designers began taking notice; Proenza Schouler's strappy sandals for spring have a kaleidoscopic sheen, while they also gave their ubiquitous PS11 an iridescent update. Lanvin, Gianvito Rossi and Manolo Blahnik's takes on futuristic footwear rose to the very top of our wish lists, while our boy Eddie Borgo's the-lady-is-a-punk line of jewels went holographic for spring (and sold out oh-so-quickly, may we add!).
Always one step ahead, it's hardly a surprise that our own subjects were first to tip us off on the trend. Our Coveteurs have long been taking cues from all manner of psychedelic motifs in their own closets—seen in Susie Bubble's vast collection of Christopher Kane, as well as the mirrored, multi-colored Comme des Garçons wallets and pouches that are a unanimous Cov-favorite. But for those who missed CdG's metallic holiday offerings, fear not—seemingly always coming to our rescue, Phoebe Philo's range of hologrammed clutches and wallets for spring do just the trick. Ramya Giangola (stay tuned; coming soon!) got on the hologlam train long ago and had everything from the PS11 to a detachable collar.
And for those who want to tip-toe into the trend? We got you. A coat or two of Deborah Lippmann's chromatic Wicked Game nail polish does just the trick. May the force be with you!
Shop the Story
- Oliver Peoples Braverman Polarized Sunglasses $560.00 -SHOP-
- Eddie Borgo Scaled Wrap Bracelet$350.00 -SHOP-
- Proenza Schouler Credit Card Holder$175.00 -SHOP-
- Nasty Gal Hologram Crystral Necklace$12.60 -SHOP-
- Nasty Gal Hologram Wristlet$60.00 -SHOP-
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Laqcuer 'Wicked Game'$14.50 -SHOP-
- Nastygal Hologram Satchel $48.00 -SHOP-
- Nastygal Ziggy Hologram Sneakers $130.00 -SHOP-
- Stella McCartney Iphone Case $210.00 -SHOP-
you may also like
- Put a little shine in your step with this seasons metallic sneakers.
- The dress that got around.
- Shop the brightest looks for S/S '13
Forget the wheels, these decks are strictly for decor.