THE MARKET: The Midas Touch
We ain't sayin' we're a gold digger... We just really dig gold.
What do 2Chainz and Carrie Bradshaw have in common? While similarities between the rapper and the woman who launched a thousand franchises are probably few and far between, the one thing we can say the duo undoubtably have in common (aside from both being on The Coveteur) is a love of gold necklaces. Seriously—what would Bradshaw be without her nameplate necklaces and 2 Chainz without his well, chainz?
Sure, rosy shades certainly have their place in our hearts, but as of late we're also craving that slightly showy, look-at-me true gold. Anna Dello Russo is practically the patron saint of all gold everything; we can't recall the last time we saw her in silver. Another Cov-alum, Aurélie Bidermann, has made her name in the industry from her namesake line of incredibly intricate gold jewelry; much like girl-to-watch and name-to-remember, Estelle Dévé (the devastatingly elegant designer who won us over with our mutual love of ear cuffs.) Besides, when it has the Parisienne stamp of approval, you know its good.
And finally, because anything with Céline emblazoned on it somewhere is our kryptonite, can we talk about those gold ID necklaces and bracelets? Or Margherita Missoni's aureate mirrored wedges? From Natasha Goldenberg to Ramya Giangola (stay tuned!) it seems like there is nothing that that woman makes that we don't want. In Philo we trust!
Shop the Story
- Michael Kors Golden Buckle Ring $65.00 -SHOP-
- Club Monaco Shawna Gold Cuff$59.50 -SHOP-
- Nastygal Tough Spike Bracelet$12.00 -SHOP-
- Brooklyn heavy metal Stone Age Stud Earrings$150.00 -SHOP-
- Charles Albert Thick Neckwire Collar$105.00 -SHOP-
- Made Ndonondono Inya Ring$33.91 -SHOP-
- Saint Laurent Gold Multi-band Ring $645.00 -SHOP-
- Kenneth Jay Lane 22-karat gold-plated necklace $100.01 -SHOP-
- Juan Carlos Obando Brass Saw Blade Ring $180.00 -SHOP-
you may also like
- Why say it, when you can wear it? :)
- Say my name. Say my name.
- Stop stalking your Ex on Facebook and go shopping instead.
Wheeling your wife on Facebook has a happy ending; Just ask Ben Baller!