The Market: Moon Walking
Embrace heavy metals and put a little shine in your step with a metallic sneaker this season. All the cool kids (and Coveteurs!) are doing it.
It's hardly a secret that our Coveteurs tend to gravitate towards all things metallic. Whether it's a pair of blinged-out, crystal (and glitter!) covered Miu Miu low-tops found in Us Weekly's Sasha Charnin Morrison's closet, the silver mirror Maison Martin Margiela high-tops we saw at Aya McMillan's or the bronzed Alejandro Ingelmo’s we discovered at model Heather Marks’, our Cov-alums seem to have a serious thing for shiny sneaks. Even when we popped by Leandra Medine's pad last week for round two (#comingsoontoacoveteurnearyou!), we spotted a few pairs. (Then again, would you expect anything less from The Man Repeller, herself?) We may even have to take a page out of Erica Domesek's book and give an old pair of Converse new life with a little DIY magic. Not only are metallic kicks approximately 1000 times more comfortable than metallic heels, but they also go with virtually everything. While Isabel Marant may have gotten us on hooked on the high-top sneaker train last year, we're all about heavy metals for 2013 (high or low!) and giving gold, silver and bronze a definite go. And the gold medal goes to...
Shop the Story
- JIMMY CHOO Tokyo Sneaker $495.00 -SHOP-
- ASH BOWIE SNEAKER $250.00 -SHOP-
- Elizabeth and James Evva Metallic Leather Lace-Up Sneakers $275.00 -SHOP-
you may also like
- Forget the wheels, these decks are strictly for decor.
- Catch-up lunch with Cov-alum Stephanie LaCava.
- Our Coveteurs show us their Canadian tuxedo... Canuck or not!
- Erin loses her Pilates "V" Card.