THE MARKET: Put An Ear Cuff On It
Even if you're (still) too afraid to get your ears pierced, there's plenty of ways to show your lobes some love.
Call it a matter of balance: looking for accessories to adorn our ears, our eyes are becoming increasingly drawn to the opulent and ornate. Our latest fixation just may have been indirectly (for once) inspired by none other than the Olsens, whose magazine cover mugs we once outfitted with a pair of delicate white gold and diamonds cuffs while at Hedi Gores's pad. We also blame it partly on our taste for costume jewelry because—let's be real—some of these pieces more closely resemble brooches than earrings. From cuffs with brightly-hued baubles that dot the ear lobe, to ones with tiny, delicate chains that sweep across the ear, we've taken to fine tuning our ears into tiny Christmas trees on the daily. And we must applaud the dynamic sister duo of Danielle and Jodie Snyder (a.k.a. DANNIJO) for their fine mastery when it comes to ear candy; they've got it down to science—the kind of "science" that forces you to max our your credit card (you know the one).
But ear cuffs don't always have to lean towards the Baroque. From geometric cages to simple silver and gold bars that line the ear lobe, there's a myriad minimalist cuffs for those of us who prefer to keep it pared down. When we gave Gaia Repossi the Coveteur treatment last year, we stumbled upon her treasure trove of simple gold and silver cuffs, some even studded with minuscule gems and diamonds. We also spotted Repossi, who's practically the poster girl for her fam's namesake line of baubles, at Fashion Week donning simple baby blues that had us craving a side of color with our cuffs. Your choice in ear cuffs doesn't always have to run towards the ornamental and over-the-top (unlike some of our favorites on Pinterest, ahem, Ryan Storer). Take it from us; your bank account might just thank you later.
Shop the Story
- Urban Outfitters Crystal Teardrop Cuff Earring $20.00 -SHOP-
- Nasty Gal Warrior Each Cuff$12.00 -SHOP-
- Repossi Berbere 18-Karat Rose Gold Mulit-Hoop Ear Cuff$4,760.00 -SHOP-
- Cheap Monday Foretell Earrings$17.00 -SHOP-
- Cornelia Webb Pearled Earpiece$151.00 -SHOP-
- Urban Outfitters Feather Dance Hanger Earring$24.00 -SHOP-
- Ninna York Oxidized Silver Paneled Earrings $101.00 -SHOP-
- Nastygal Snake Bite Cuff $15.00 -SHOP-
- Repossi Two-Row Berberre Earring $1,564.00 -SHOP-
you may also like
- Stylist/editor and streetstyle star who's quickly becoming the newest (and best dressed?) member of the Russian Fash-Pack.
- Does This Ring Make Me Look Fat?
- Making the most of our expensive lingerie habit by making it do double duty.
Because sometimes, bigger isn't always better.